Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quick school item

At NH Elementary we have been doing a readathon to raise money for Kosair Childrens Hospital. We have done this for many years ( I did it when I was in elementary school). This year a great group of teachers (myself included :)) changed the whole program to a walkathon. Over the last couple a weeks the kids have been getting donations and gearing up for their day to walk. I had the privelege today to work and supervise 2 of the grades. We had soooo much FUN!!! the kids had a blast...music blaring on the track, walking, cornhole, hula hoops, dancing, and of course snack! They rotated from station to station with the help of teachers and some wonderful parent volunteers. My 3rd graders get to walk tomorrow... They are so pumped!!! Me too! Our total for this year so far...over $16,000.00!!!! It is amazing!!! That tops our total donations to Kosair at over $200,000.00 since we have done this project. I feel so fortunate to work at such a great school in a fabulous community! Good to see the kids really caring about helping others!

I'll update about our sweet, wild child, Paisley soon. Lots of pictures to come...when I get the time! End of the school year, it's a VERY busy time!

1 comment:

  1. WE did the walk-a-thon a couple weeks ago. WE didn't have the games all we had were snack and walked around the track. They also gave away door prizes.

    ReplyDelete